Thursday, March 12, 2009

Raindrops on Roses...

My Favorite Things at Emmanuel:
  • Waking up to the sounds of kids' voices (providing it's not before 6:30 AM)
  • When the kids know my name
  • Hugs (tons and tons of hugs)
  • Spinning the kids in circles
  • Cuddling with the toddlers
  • Hearing little Memo yell my name as soon as he sees me
  • Having Esperanza paint beautiful designs on my nails
  • Cooking Bedstefar's Skaeg (Grandfather's Beard: a really yummy cake) with Helle (my Danish mar here)
  • All of the adorable little boys
  • Playing card games and drinking coffee with Katie and Gitte (my two roommates) and Jens, Helle, and Mikkel (the Danish family here)
  • Watching the incredible sunsets over the mountains
  • Trying to play soccer with the kids here (the toddlers can play better than I can... I think they're born with it)
  • Singing songs in church
  • Dance parties and movie nights with the big girls in the toddler house
  • Sunday afternoons playing with the girls
The time is flying by so fast! I've been here for almost 2 months now, and I can't believe I only have a few months left. My activities are still changing daily, but I've moved up the ladder a few steps because I am now one of the elite Emmanuel community members with a walkie talkie. This definitely has its good and bad points because now they can find me wherever I am ;) And they also have my cell phone number so I get at least one early morning call a week... Despite this, I truly feel at home here with the kids and love them more and more each day. I am so thankful to be here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment